Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Klaus Dinger, R.I.P.



Been AWOL lately due to severe hard drive problems and computer failures galore, but this piece of news is enough to pull me out of 20th century habitus. Personally, Klaus Dinger's death seemingly caps off a triumvirate of recent music deaths--Teo Macero and Joe Gibbs being the son and holy ghost. My being a drummer, Dinger's work has left more of an impact on my musical consciousness than I have been able to make total sense of and thus will I keep this short. I've spent enough time aping the man's style behind the kit to have far too many thoughts on his style and legacy than I know what to do with. Wish my computer situation was better to make a "Dinger mix" for y'all, but for now, I'll leave you with this early nugget off of the first Kraftwerk album. Dude was a motherfucking legend.

Kraftwerk-Ruckzuck