Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tickle Me, Elmo...



When a fellow blogger's bandwidth is shot, it's time to take him to a shooting gallery and infect the whole of this hellsphere with some viral jamz. Well, I'm only a couple listens in, but this new Booka Shade song "Tickle" sounds like Hot Butter's "Popcorn" on Ketamine. And the b side has echoes of that huge Fisherspooner song that rang in the new millenium, but on lots of (insert hypnotic sedative/painkiller). Well, at least SomeBodies in Berlin are having a good time... And now you can too!
Booka Shade-Tickle[alt link]



Well, now to hurry back to my neck of the woods, I've been gobbling up gabbles of good grammaphones this past week that I would just luv to share with you. But in due time. As I am being called upon currently, I'll leave you with my pumping iron jam of the week, Rhys Chatham's Die Dönnergotter (The Thunderbirds). I can't believe that there was an actual dance piece composed to this--it seems more like a soundtrack for some serious rioting. Nonetheless, if you've never heard this masterpiece, now is the time. Personally, I'm more of a Chatham chap than a Branca brute, but you know what they say about apples and apples. Don't you?

Rhys Chatham-Die Dönnergotter

Props to Mr. Ravlin on today's imagery and don't forget to ever stop supporting our fag troops!

No comments: