Wednesday, December 13, 2006

If youre lost you can look and you will find me


Sometimes thing get dire. Thats this week here at school, everyone's walking around looking like this guy. I was thinking of posting comfort music but its already been done so poorly by so many so instead its just SOMETHING DIFFERENT tonight.

Magazine - Definitive Gaze

Magazine - Shot by Both Sides
Magazine - The Light Pours Out of Me
Magazine - Motorcade

Magazine were on that real old school post-punk thing hard, Howard Devoto left the Buzzcocks in 77 to do MORE CRAZY shit, succeeding like a madman. Real dark and empty but filled with sinister hooks, all the songs on their debut Real Life are sick. These are my picks. The first two are obvious, completely essential, download them or youre just not getting it. I've also got a thing for the Motorcade.



Count Drugula (who will soon be joining our blogging team) keeps bumping this on my laptop. Its like, a German protest song or something...

Tocotronic - Pure Vernunft Darf Niemals Siegen (Superpitcher/Wassermann Single Mix)

I can't get it out of my head: "Die uns in Bambuskarben wiegen! Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen!" Listen for the ill guitar at 1:19.

No comments: