Saturday, December 23, 2006

Respect My Fresh



Those are my two fingers trying to give bunny ears and here's my top ten list of bangers in 2006. These lists are hard because I dont remember what I was listening to at the beginning of the year. These probably arent the best song of 2006, maybe the Mehdi one is, but that doesnt matter. What matters is that there are ten songs in this post and hopefully some of them you will download and enjoy as much as I have this year. These are in no particular order.

-DJ Mehdi & Chromeo - I am Somebody. Hottest song of the year. The video is the best video in years. I hope Mehdi keeps up these bangers. So much better than anything Justice has done.
I am Somebody

-E40 & Keak Da Sneak - Tell Me When To Go. This song brought the Hyphy movement to the national stage, finally. Although its probably not the best of the Bay, it did so much for the Bay that it deserves a spot on this years top ten lists. And, while I think this song was released as a single in december of last year, it counts for this year. I figure you all have Tell Me When To Go on your computer, so the song I am posting in its place is Tell Me When To Stop by Keak and Haji Springer.
Haji Springer feat. Keak Da Sneak-Tell Me When to Stop

-Bamabounce - Wu Tang Slide. Bamabounce has done some tight shit with the Bmore sound. I've spent hours watching people wu tang it on the youtube. This song is probably the best wu tang slide song. whoop that thang.
Wu Tang Slide

-Cousin Cole - Chicken Moose Rhino Monkey pt1. This track bangs so hard. With the Atlantic Records song and this one, Cousin Cole stepped it up in '06.
Chicken Moose Rhino Monkey

-Tittsworth - 4Tops Remix. Titts has been putting out the best baltimore club this year, and i think this song is the flyest.
Titts-4Tops

-Low Budget - Whatchooknowaboutthis. It was either this or the original T.I. song. Everyone has that song, most have this song. So for the few who dont, here is a banging bmore remix of T.I.'s what you know about that.
Whatchooknowaboutthis

-Kaz Kyzah - You're Gonna Love Me. Kaz of The Team dropped some fire this year with his mixtape. Didnt seem to get enough hype though for him to make it big in '06. Hopefully he can ride with The Team or solo and make it big in 2007
Kaz Kyzah-You're Gonna Love Me

-The Pack/Diplo - Vans Til Infinity. The Pack have been dropping bombs this year. Diplo took the lyrics and matched them up real well with the 93 Til beat. Mashup of the year.
Vans Til Infinity

-Cansei De Ser Sexy - Alala. First heard this on Atari Funkeria's podcast. Hot shit. Shitty that that tour didnt come through anywhere I was.
CSS-Alala

-Mike Jones - Mr. Jones. I love Mike Jones. He didnt let me down in 2006. Best Houston song of the year.
Mr. Jones

No comments: