Tuesday, March 6, 2007

LOOSIES FROM SHIT TO SHALIMAR

Its monday, I put the boot to my work and the fist to my dome last night, tetsuya means more than sleep, zanendesu. In the words of Hillel, "IF I AM NOT FOR MYSELF, WHO WILL BE ME? IF I AM ONLY FOR MYSELF, WHAT AM I? IF NOT NOW, WHEN?" ...And if not when, now!
LOOSIES! Our first stogue is a sexy new Digitalism track, with props to Hupendimuziki (what a hot exclusive!) Yeah the Kitsune darlings have something of a patterned source code beginning to develop. Bouncy kicks and soaring guitar riffs, as if they had isolated and magnified that mysterious element which somehow, inexplicably, makes house music ROCK. I wouldn't say skip to the end (snot the Futurheads again), but it is, once more, all about what's last.

Digitalism - TVTV [alt link]

Searching for something cosmic much? Something epic, something soft and pounding at once? Something you can pour on your chest like warm cocoa and let it heal you? Post-millenial jams are my favorite kind of symphonies, and Captain has a handful. This is that five pegs in one hole shit, and RS kills it as always. You forge new ground Mr. Edwards and it is hot earth. Seriously recommended for all the headz.

Captain - Glorious Town (Radio Slave Remix) [alt link]

Shalimar is one of the most legit Bollywood soundtracks I've encountered, you've got Asha, Kumar, Moh Rafi, that of the wall Burman theme, and then this funky party. Now, I don't know who on earth Usha Uthup is but this song really stands, a humurous pastiche of 70s global style, with bits of disco, India trad, and KC and the Sunshine Band thrown in for good measure. It's a hymnal collage of getting funky, a treatise for having fun with the beat.

Usha Uthup & Chorus - One Two Cha Cha Cha [alt link]

Shitdisco are going to be fucking gigantic. Yeah nurave is tremendously grating, but its also so much fun when its good, and when this shit isn't awful, its really really good. You can cop more Shitdisco from this post last month, including the balmer South Central remix of Reactor's Party. I just got my mitts on their full length, Kingdom of Fear, and though it suffers from Klaxon's syndrome at times (I mean, I'm already pretty fucking sick of Kung Fu), but this track is so nice and unexpected, just get down with how perfect it pulses forward.

Shitdisco - Fear of the Future [alt link]

I see no way to cap off this session with anything but the new Battles track. Maybe you already caught it on another blog, but I just can't let it go unnoticed by TRP. These guys have a bit of a history with our institution, having torn it up at Grinnell at every show. Atlas is a complete reworking of their more abstract sound, this track is high impact, its got vocals, its dancy, and not in a mathspazz way either. It's something hot and fresh, like a crescent roll for oily cog stompouts.

Battles - Atlas [alt link]


Gearing up to go, I'm ready to start undwinding, Ready to go,
just remember to remind me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

酒店
童裝批發
童裝批發
童裝
童裝
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
酒店上班
酒店兼差
禮服店
酒店上班
酒店打工
酒店小姐
酒店經紀
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
酒店應酬
粉味
茵悅
酒店經紀
酒店經紀



酒店經紀,酒店小姐,酒店公關,酒店打工,酒店上班,禮服店,便服店,假日打工,酒店兼差,酒店兼職,暑假打工,寒假打工,酒店經紀爆米花,酒店打工爆米花,酒店兼差爆米花,酒店兼職爆米花,酒店上班爆米花,酒店工作爆米花,酒店小姐爆米花,禮服店爆米花,假日打工爆米花,酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL,酒店上班PRETTY GIRL,酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL,酒店工作PRETTY GIRL