Wednesday, January 24, 2007

DISCO D, RIP...

According to MTV news, Ghettotech pioneer Disco D has committed suicide. He was 27. The bounce that ass style he pioneered on his Michigan 12"s has proven truly influential and he later went on to produce Billboard smashes like 50 Cent's "Ski Mask Way" and more recently Trick Daddy's grime factory "I Pop," as well as producting 5 tracks for K Fed! From an interview last year with the Montreal Mirror:

"Dude, two of the biggest funk artists made a song about me called “Gringo Luoco,” about how I go into the hood with no bulletproofing and everyone respects me. Shit, I ran around Detroit since I was 15, I ran around Kingston. I mean, dude, I’m bipolar, I tried to commit suicide twice, like, I’m not scared of anything, know what I’m sayin’? I don’t give a fuck, dude—to me, life’s a big video game."

This is a tragic loss to electronic and hip hop music. RIP man, you will be missed.

Disco D & DJ Profit - Ghetto Booty Bar [alt link]

Watch the Gringo Louco promo reel on Youtube, which includes D's interview on CNN, footage from a club in Rio, and a HILARIOUS segment of him and K Fed in the studio.

Disco D Website

2 comments:

exposicion muebles madrid said...

Very effective material, thank you for this post.

muebles en navarra said...

This will not actually have success, I consider this way.