Thursday, January 11, 2007

Philly is burning and watermelon is all that can cool it



With artists like Indian Jewelry, Soft Pink Truth, and Drop the Lime, the Tigerbeat6 roster poses tough competition. But DJ /rupture (aka Barcelona-based Jace Clayton) has an eclectic dancehall meets breakcore sound that makes his funky steez stand out for club or couch. These tracks are all off his 2004 full-length debut, Special Gunpowder, a constantly changing but always chill as fuck record that is well worth buying.

DJ /rupture - No Heathen (feat Wicked Act)

DJ /rupture - Bonechip

DJ /rupture - Osaka-ku Memory Depot

3 comments:

- said...

I recomend the DJ/Rupture vs. The Bug EP. If you cant find it, I'll rip it to my computer back in Grinnell. It's fyaaah

Anonymous said...

Hey I played something new from his (DJ Rupture's) label wed. on my show on fmu. somehow found you here. link to the show www.wfmu.org/playlist/shows/21708 look for Timeblind. good stuff.
cheers.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?