Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The Meltdome






Just for the record, while I think the top image is baller, I really loath the bottom one. But I have to give props to any homage (no matter how simple and silly) to David Wojnrowicz, ever since I got turned onto the man helping work on the truly beatiful Semiotext(e) release A Definitive History of Five or Six Years on the Lower East Side.

Anywho, still recovering from the bomb Trouble and Bass and XI Recordings shows from the weekend, so I'm going to post some 8am shit. First up is in recognition to the truly great Alan Licht, whose New York Minute was definitely a favorite of mine this past year. For me, this track tip taps on the pastoral and mathy nodes of my brain.
Alan Licht-Freaky Friday

Then, to dance in the dark, we have this fantastic Artery track that is a solid eye-closer, tounge drooler to any blissful dance party.
Artery-Into the Garden

And since I don't have too much other shit at my fingers (though my fingers are covered in shit), here's a Durutti Column jammer I never leave home without.
The Durutti Column-Fado

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be a good benign being is to be enduring a kind of openness to the in the seventh heaven, an cleverness to trusteeship uncertain things beyond your own manage, that can front you to be shattered in unequivocally exceptional circumstances on which you were not to blame. That says something remarkably weighty thither the fettle of the righteous compulsion: that it is based on a trust in the up in the air and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a spy than like a treasure, something somewhat tenuous, but whose extremely particular attraction is inseparable from that fragility.