Monday, January 29, 2007

Shit, more love


Well, in the attempt to delude myself that I live in a hellscape and further encapsulate myself in my media chamber, I've been soundtracking the day as if the Smashing Pumpkins' video for "Today" was going on in my room, with a bunch of sexy alt-rockers making out on the sun dappled hillside and Billy Corgan trolling around, touching himself. In short, I'm trying to cook up a pot of positivity like one might a kettle of meth (shit, it beats reading Aries' The Hour of Our Death).
The Pale Fountains' Long Shot For Your Love sounds like Arthur Lee moving to Liverpool in the late 70s, detoxing on herbal tea and petit fours, and becoming obssessed with some fag like Wilde or Baudelaire->Love goes Fey. I can't say I usually get down to much of the 80s fey pop stuff, but The Pale Fountains definitely deliver the good vibes, while keeping you on your toes and your heart in your mouth. Here are the bangers:
The Pale Fountains-Just a Girl
The Pale Fountains-Longshot for Your Love
The Pale Fountains-Thank You (the raw fire)

No comments: