Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Transpore

artwork by Paul Laffoley!
(please click on image!)

Well, I guess I have to tow the line and do a re-cap of the "year" in songs that made my brain bleed. But most of the songs I got down to aren't from 06. 0 well. But if there's one new act (or 'movement' or whaever) that I'm gaga about, it's these west coast doders like Sorcerer (thanks to 20 Jazz Funk for that rec), Lovefingers (his edit of Vangelis's "Suffocation" would be on here if I could track down the mp3), and Hatchback who are churning out some downed out, sprawling keyboard jammers that make me float.

Here's a grab bag of goodies that all come with the highest of recommendations. Some of them are just random faves enabled by Steve Surrender's blazing c-nect.
This is off the Cock Rock Disco Free 2006 Comp and for some reason or another might be my favorite jam of the year. I can't really explain the genius of it, just give it a listen and track his ass down. He runs a tight label whose name escapes me.
Pisstank-Punching Your Girlfriend's Cunt til it Bleeds

Track is too chill:
Sorcerer-Pocket Check
Best Analord:
AFX-xmd5a
Best Mashup Ever:
Dopplebanger-Pussylicker
Best "Rap" Song (sorry Young Joc)
Rich Boy-Throw Some D's
Bliss in 2 minutes:
Windy and Carl-Universal Energy
Insanity in 8 minutes:
Grace Jones-She's Lost Control

More to come...

No comments: